Thursday, October 16, 2014

07 IEW Homework: Paragraph Topics // Due the week of Oct. 22, 2014

Hi everyone!

This week, we went through the three mini books in lesson 11 in your notebooks.

We underlined about 2-4 repeating/reflecting keywords in the topic and clincher (concluding) sentences, and then used just those two sentences to determine the main topic of each paragraph.

For homework:

  • Finish going through all three mini books and underlining and determining the topic for each paragraph, if you were unable to finish them in class with your partner.
  • On a piece of paper (notebook paper and handwriting is ok here), make three columns, one for each of the mini books. Then, list the paragraphs topics under each column.
**I know this is not much homework (depending on how far you got in class). I like to give more, but the next thing we do with your lists is very complex and I want you to do it under my supervision. If you'd like more homework, I encourage you to spend time journaling or creative writing every day!

Email me if you have questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment